The Louisville Slugger 2020 BBCOR bats are the latest release from one of the big bat manufacturers. It’s exciting to see the new lines roll out.
This brand scored big with the 2019 Meta Prime. While many balked at the price tag this bat is still hard to get even as the newest models are being released!
Without further ado let’s take a look at the 2020 line from Louisville Slugger.
Louisville Slugger 2020 Meta
- Eco composite barrel engineered to the pinnacle of performance: light swinging, huge barrel and the truest sound in the game
- Three-piece design with patented 3FX connection system provides a perfectly tuned "stiff" Feel on contact while dramatically reducing vibration
- Premium rtx end cap allows for our largest BBCOR barrel length
- Balanced swing for the ultimate combination of speed and power
Dropping the “Prime,” the 2020 release is simply the Meta. This bat has a lot to live up to as the 2019 version was hands down the most popular bbcor bat on the market.
This barrel is Monstrous.
At first glance it can easily be mistaken for a softball bat.
The 2020 Meta is a composite bat utilizing sluggers 3FX connection technology to maintain a stiff feel.
Balanced for both control and power the Meta will be a popular selection for a wide range of hitters.
Louisville Slugger 2020 Meta PWR
The Meta PWR is the end loaded version of the 2020 Meta. Tailored towards power hitters this bat will have a heavier swing weight.
With an extra stiff 3FX connection system, players will be able to transfer maximum power at contact. Typically more powerful hitters prefer a very stiff bat.
If you can handle more mass in the barrel without sacrificing control you may want to take a look at the PWR.
Louisville Slugger 2020 Prime
- Premium vac Microform composite barrel with optimized sweet spot and swing weight
- Three-piece design featuring Vex vibration control connection system - a patented Elastomeric connection that allows independent movement between the barrel and the handle to control vibration and...
- Premium rtx end cap design maximizes the barrel shape and sweet spot
- Balanced swing for the ultimate combination of speed and power
The 2020 Prime is another composite bat made for both speed and power. Similar to the Meta and Meta PWR, the Prime utilizes the RTX end cap for a huge barrel.
The barrel is constructed from AVC Microform composite materials. The handle and barrel are able to move independently due to the VCX connection technology. This allows for a great feel at contact while still minimizing vibrations.
A lot of players prefer composite to one-piece bats because they don’t hurt so much on miss hits. This doesn’t necessarily mean they preform better. However it’s definitely an advantage when you don’t want to cry after capping one off the end of the bat!
Louisville Slugger 2020 Select PWR
- Ext premium alloy Barrel for increased barrel and sweet spot size
- Three-piece design Composite handle with all-new 3fx-pwr connection system that provides extra stiffness for power hitters looking for more energy transfer and less vibration
- PR end cap design for increased momentum and power on your swing
- Power swing weight for increased momentum and maximum distance
The Select PWR is a hybrid design and is the heaviest swinging bat in Louisville sluggers 2020 lineup. This bat is made for stronger hitters that are looking for and extra stiff feel with more mass in the barrel.
The EXD Alloy barrel has an additional half inch than most BBCOR bats. You better have some serious pop if you are thinking about picking this baby up. Players that struggle with bat control are better off opting for a more balanced design.
For the connection the Select PWR uses an extra stiff version of the 3FX. A PWR end cap gives this bat additional “end loaded” feel.
Louisville Slugger 2020 Solo BBCOR
- Premium SL hyper super-light alloy Barrel with thinner wall design for maximum pop
- One-piece design with vibe premium vibration damping handle construction that reduces sting on mishits
- Sped composite end cap removes weight for increased swing speed
- Ultra-balanced swing weight Our lightest swinging BBCOR model
The 2020 Solo is a one-piece bat constructed of SL Hyper Alloy. It is the lightest swinging bat in their 2020 lineup.
Vibration is always a concern with one piece bats. There is nothing worse than a stinger off the end or off the handle. To combat this, the Solo features the VIBEX vibration dampening system in the handle.
Also, the SPD end cap reduces the weight at the end of the bat to give players a highly balanced feel.
The combination of balance and price point will most likely make this bat a very popular choice in 2020.
Louisville Slugger 2020 Omaha BBCOR
- MX 7U1+ alloy barrel for increased stiffness and pure energy transfer on contact
- One-piece design with VIBEX premium vibration damping handle construction that reduces sting on mishits
- 6-Star premium end cap design for power and performance
- Optimized swing weight by length for the perfect feel through the zone
For the next one-piece release from Slugger we’ve got the Omaha. This line is one of the most iconic in the history of aluminum bats. The Omaha is always a top performer!
Check out our review here: 2020 Louisville Slugger Omaha BBCOR Review
The MX 7U1+ alloy barrel also features the VIBEX vibration dampening handle that we see in the Solo. Also to combat excessive vibration this bat includes the 6-Star premium end cap.
As far as swing weight, you need to pay attention to length on this one. The 31′ and 32′ models feature a very balanced design. For a higher MOI (heavier swing weight) select the 33′ and 34′ models.
Once again the price point on the Omaha will make this a very attractive option for a lot of buyers. There is no reason to believe that you will sacrifice performance in order to save on your 2020 bat!
Louisville Slugger 2020 Vapor BBCOR
- Series 7 alloy barrel for maximum durability and performance at an unbelievable value
- One-piece design for maximum stiffness on contact
- Durable HUB 1-shot end cap design
- Standard synthetic leather grip for better bat control
As with every bat company, Louisville Slugger offers a “value” option for BBCOR bats. The 2020 Vapor is that option.
The Vapor is a one piece bat constructed from 7-Series alloy. For the end cap you will get the HUB 1-shot which is engineered for maximum durability. This is something that you should expect to see in the lower priced bats.
Once again, don’t assume that lower price means lower quality. The 2019 Vapor received a lot of positive reviews and is a great option for those not looking to break the bank on a bat.
Louisville Slugger 2020 Meta GLD
Louisville Slugger’s 2020 Meta GLD was a promotion bat released during the NCAA playoffs. Promotional bats seemed to be a trendy thing to do this year as we saw them from Demarini as well.
Only 100 were produced. We won’t get into much detail as they are already sold out and unless you are willing to drop some serious coin on eBay, you are probably unlikely to get one.
But I wanted to give you a look, because its bad a**!
I have a feeling that the ability to customize your bat will become increasingly popular. Louisville Slugger has jumped on the bandwagon and you will have a lot of options with the 2020 line.
They aren’t the first to do this. We featured the custom option last week in our article on the Demarini 2020 BBCOR bats. Keep in mind that both of these companies are owned by Wilson Sporting Goods. This makes it easy for them to roll out the same technology for both brands.
I expect the 2020 line from Lousiville Slugger to be a big hit with players. They offer enough options for every player to find their perfect fit.
Purchase date is July 31st. You can get the custom designs now, but will pay a premium to do so.
Can the 2020 Meta follow in the footsteps of the 2019 Meta Prime?
Only the players can decide!
What are your thoughts on Louisville Slugger bats? Are you a fan?